Everything you need in one box to fit an autopilot to your hydraulic-steer outboard motor, the Outboard Pilot lets you focus on fishing activity while keeping the boat on course (NOTE: Mercury Verado motors require the Verado Fitting Kit NOTE: ORB fitting kit for 2014 and later. When connected to an HDS Gen2, Gen2 Touch or Gen3 the Outboard Pilot can steer to a waypoint or along a route, select a turn pattern or simply hold a constant heading. The Lowrance SmartSteer™ user interface allows you to easily switch between electric-steer, trolling-motor control and outboard motor control directly from your HDS display. And, with your HDS display, you can easily convert trails to routes – so you can retrace a previous track and get your boat back to the dock from your fishing area.
The Lowrance Outboard Pilot is recommended for single outboard set-ups, on boats that are 30 feet and less, in length.
Hydraulic-Steer Kit includes everything to connect your existing hydraulic-steering manual helm pump:
Pump-1 is a 0.8L reversible hydraulic pump designed to interface to Seastar steering
- Steer your outboard motor to a heading, waypoint, route or cursor, with control from your Multifunction Display.
- Lowrance SmartSteer™ interface provides control of both your hydraulic-steer outboard motor, as well as the MotorGuide Xi5 Pinpoint electric-steer trolling motor.
- “One-touch” route creation from saved trails.
- Repeat your path with automatic turn patterns.
- Recommended for single-outboard setups, on boats that are 30 feet and less, in length.
- VRF (Virtual Rudder Feedback) – simplifies pilot installation -- eliminating the need for a rudder position sensor.
- Easy setup – straightforward guide steps you through first-time install.
- Easy-to-install, plug-and-socket connection – with no complex terminal wiring
- Supported by Lowrance Advantage Service program